Alternative Birth Suite
Rush Copley is proud to offer one of the area’s first and only alternative birthing suites. The suite provides families who have a Rush Copley Medical Group midwife as a provider with a home-like birth in the safety of a hospital setting.
Located in the Family Birth Center, the alternative birth suite features a large heated bathtub, a queen-size bed and special laboring items and equipment for those desiring and able to pursue a birth with minimal medical intervention. Other features of the suite include:
- Birthing Sling – Helps to utilize gravity to support a woman in labor. Different positions help with coping through contractions and rotation of the infant’s head to the most optimal position for delivery.
- Tub Birth or Hydrotherapy – Water eases the discomfort of the birthing process.
- Birthing Seat – Designed to support women laboring while sitting in an upright position. Sitting upright in this specialized seat supports the cervical opening, rotation and descent of the baby.
- Aroma therapy
- Specialty lighting and candles
- Birthing and peanut balls
- High-definition TV
- Warmer for heating packs
Rush Copley Medical Group midwives provide gynecology, prenatal, labor and delivery as well as postnatal care. The midwives are dedicated to enhancing labor options for their patients while they enjoy the home-like atmosphere of the suite, with the safety and proximity of hospital resources if needed.