Alternative Birth Suite
Rush Copley is proud to offer one of the area’s first and only alternative birthing suites. The suite provides families with a home-like birth in the safety of a hospital setting.
Located in the Family Birth Center, the alternative birth suite features a large heated bathtub, a queen-size bed and special laboring items and equipment for those desiring and able to pursue a birth with minimal medical intervention. Other features of the suite include:
- Birthing Sling – Helps to utilize gravity to support a woman in labor. Different positions help with coping through contractions and rotation of the infant’s head to the most optimal position for delivery.
- Tub Birth or Hydrotherapy – Water eases the discomfort of the birthing process.
- Birthing Seat – Designed to support women laboring while sitting in an upright position. Sitting upright in this specialized seat supports the cervical opening, rotation and descent of the baby.
- Aroma therapy
- Specialty lighting and candles
- Birthing and peanut balls
- High-definition TV
- Warmer for heating packs
Rush Copley Medical Group midwives, in collaboration with obstetrician-gynecologists, provide gynecology, prenatal, labor and delivery as well as postnatal care. The midwives are dedicated to enhancing labor options for their patients while they enjoy the home-like atmosphere of the suite, with the safety and proximity of hospital resources if needed.