Learn more about our patient-focused cancer services and treatments. For information, call the Rush Copley Cancer Care Center at 630-978-6250.
If you need surgery to treat cancer, trust the highly skilled surgeons and cancer care experts at Rush Copley Medical Center to provide you with comprehensive treatment.
Cancer Surgery Procedures
Your doctor may recommend one of the following cancer surgery procedures to treat your condition:
- Cryosurgery – Uses intense cold delivered directly to tumors or cancer cells to destroy cancerous tissue
- Limb perfusion – Delivery of cancer-fighting medication directly to the site of a cancerous tumor in your arm or leg
- Mastectomy – Removal of one or both breasts to treat breast cancer
- Ultrasonic surgical aspiration – Precisely removes tissue affected by cancer and minimizes the effect to surrounding tissue
- Radiofrequency ablation – Uses a needle to deliver heat and electrical energy to the site of affected tissue to destroy cancer cells
- Reconstructive surgery – Works to restore your pre-surgery appearance after an invasive cancer treatment, most commonly after a mastectomy
Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
Whenever possible, your surgeon will use minimally invasive procedures to treat your condition. This could help you recover quicker and lead to less pain and scarring.
One of the ways your medical team may perform a minimally invasive procedure is through the use of interventional radiology. This means your doctor will use an imaging device such as an ultrasound or X-ray at the same time he or she performs a procedure to help guide the use of medical instruments inserted through small incisions.