Learn more about our patient-focused cancer services and treatments. For information, call the Rush Copley Cancer Care Center at 630-978-6250.
Renew your strength and endurance during and after cancer treatment by taking advantage of rehabilitation services at Rush Copley Medical Center. You’ll get help improving your mood, quality of life and overall well-being.
Cancer Rehabilitation Services
Ask your doctor for a referral to cancer rehabilitation services. You’ll receive personalized recommendations for rehabilitation, which may include:
- Exercise therapy – Helps you regain energy
- Lymphedema therapy – Manages swelling that may follow breast cancer treatment
- Massage and manual therapy – Eases muscle pain and helps you relax
- Occupational therapy – Shows you ways to better complete everyday tasks at home, work or school, sometimes with the use of assistive devices
- Physical therapy – Teaches techniques and exercises that help you move more easily
- Speech-language therapy – Helps you speak and swallow better, especially if you experience cancer affecting your head, mouth or neck
- Stomal services – Educate you on caring for your ostomy pouch and for the surgical opening created in the skin over your colon or bladder
- Wound care – Treats sores caused by surgery or radiation and shows you how to tend to them at home
If you’d benefit from a prosthesis, or artificial body part, following surgical cancer treatment, ask us for help accessing prosthetic services.