Healthy Living Resources
Check these useful sources for more information to help your family stay healthy and well. When you click on a link, you will be taken to websites outside of Rush Copley.
- Arthritis Foundation
- Information on Asthma and COPD/Emphysema (National Institute of Health)
- Department of Health and Human Services
Excellent site for information on nutrition, exercise, and preventive screening.
- New Food Plate
This interactive site helps assess current and future dietary needs developed by the government.
- Real Age
This website designed by Michael Roizen, M.D., a physician interested in healthy lifestule who wants to "take years off your looks and add them to your life". Overall very good information.
- Body mass index calculator for children. Should be used with adult supervision.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance program is headed by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America. The site should be one stop shopping for more than 275 public and private programs providing no-cost or low-cost prescription drugs to low-income patients.
- Illinois Department of Public Health-Advance Directives
This site has advanced directives information and downloadable living will and power of attorney forms.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Parenting Corner offers tips, advice and resources to parents.
- Child Passenger Safety
Child car seats can reduce injury and death by up to 71 percent when used correctly. Illinois law states that children under the age of 8 must travel in an approved child restraint. Use car seats correctly, not because it’s the law, but because they could save your child’s life.
- Be Happy, Involved and Positive (BHIP)
Watch this video series designed to provide parents and their children ages 5 to 17 years old with information about common childhood topics
- Learn all about Cerebral Palsy and other common birth injuries with CerebralPalsySymptoms.com.