Rush Copley Volunteer Services
Rush Copley has approximately 250 active volunteers who donate more than 25,000 hours every year. Their dedication provides a significant contribution to the medical center and to the community's healthcare needs.
Volunteers are Vital to Rush Copley
Rush Copley volunteers serve in many different areas of the Medical Center, from mail and newspaper delivery to staff support, directional services and the gift shop. Rush Copley volunteers are placed in almost every department of the hospital and encompass many fields of interest. Not all positions are available at all times, but genuine efforts are made to place volunteers in the area of choice.
Whatever your interests, you will find a range of opportunities available in the following areas:
- Clerical Support
- Delivery and Transport
- Gift Shop
- Greeters, Escorts
- Patient Support
- Information Desks
- Patient and Visitor Transportation
- Surgical Waiting
- Pet Therapy
- Waterford Place
All volunteers are required to complete necessary registration paperwork, an interview with the Volunteer Services Manager, and an orientation session prior to starting service.
In addition all volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Pass a criminal background check (18 years & older)
- Complete an initial 2-step TB test (performed free of charge by Rush Copley Family Practice Center)
- Provide vaccination records for MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B and Tdap or submit to a blood titer to verify immunity.
- Receive an annual flu shot
- Attend an annual training meeting offered through Volunteer Services
- Commit to 6 months of consecutive volunteer service or 100 hours whichever comes first