Professional Growth & Development
Nurses are encouraged to grow their clinical, research and leadership skills at Rush Copley.
Support for Academic Progression
Rush Copley nurses have the ability to take advantage of a wide range of benefits to help achieve their professional goals:
- Financial assistance for certification programs
- Scholarships for students pursuing a BSN, MSN and doctoral programs
- Tuition reimbursement for nurses completing their BSN or post-graduate degrees
- Discounted tuition rates through our educational partners:
- Free on-site, accredited continuing education
- Career Development Opportunities
- Foundation in Leadership Program
- Support for Life Long Learning
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Nursing Student Clinical Preceptor
- Preceptor Workshop
- Clinical coordinator Development Program
- Nurse Mentor
- Committee Participation
- Organization-wide and department specific initiatives/projects
Share Your Learning Needs
Each year, our clinical nurse educators survey nurses at every level of the organization to discover what type of learning is most needed. Then, they develop an educational plan to meet those needs.
Our Partnership with Rush University
Expect opportunities for professional development and education to grow as our partnership with Rush University Medical Center continues to expand academic medicine in Chicago’s western suburbs. Learn more about our connection with Rush University.
Nursing Simulation Lab (STAR Center)
Nurses are encouraged to expand their clinical skills and competencies in the risk-free environment of Rush Copley Medical Center’s nursing Simulation, Training and Resource (STAR) Center. Participate in patient care scenarios using realistic medical simulators, and work with experienced clinical nurse educators to review, evaluate and learn from your experience.
Nursing Research Opportunities
Rush Copley nurses contribute to the science of nursing care and are a catalyst for innovation and change by participating in nursing research. There are a multitude of opportunities to investigate and develop knowledge that advances nursing practice and transforms patient care.
When nurses make outstanding contributions to patient care at Rush Copley, it’s noticed and recognized. Peers and supervisors acknowledge these efforts in day-to-day interactions and through formal programs. Plus, patients, families and guests routinely recognize extraordinary care through the HERO (Healthcare Employees Reaching Out) program.