Expanding Extraordinary Care
Rush Copley breaks ground on biggest expansion in 20 years
Aurora, IL – This week, Rush Copley broke ground on the hospital’s most significant expansion since moving to the Ogden Avenue campus 20 years ago. The $53 million project is aimed at addressing current operating room needs that are increasing due to significant growth in surgical cases as well as the need for larger spaces to accommodate new equipment and technology. Rush-Copley’s expansion project will not only add new, state-of-the-art operating rooms and equipment to the hospital, but will also include enhanced integration between clinical areas as well as meeting/education space.
“This major surgical expansion and renovation project will elevate care and comfort for our patients and visitors,” said Barry C. Finn, president and CEO of Rush-Copley. “It will go a long way to helping us to bring even more advanced care in a more comfortable and pleasing environment for our patients.”
The project includes:
• Additional surgery suites with more sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology to accommodate Rush-Copley’s growing surgical program
• New lobby and main entrance
• 100 additional parking spots
• New surgical waiting room
• Expanded gift shop
• New and enhanced chapel for spiritual care
• Donor recognition and historical display
Learn more about the project and watch the progress on Rush-Copley’s construction web camera at rushcopley.com/construction.