The Rush Copley Family Medicine Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). The ERAS website address is www.aamc.org.
We receive over 1,400 applications to fill our four positions. All applications are reviewed and approximately 95 applicants are selected for an interview based on the following factors:
- ERAS application and personal statement showing a specific interest and commitment to family medicine
- USMLE/COMLEX scores and number of attempts
Required application documents include:
- ERAS common application form with personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX results
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter or medical school performance evaluation (MSPE)
- Three professional letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a family physician.
- Medical school graduation date of 2017 or more recent. Consideration will be given to those applicants who have been in active practice or residency since 2017 in an ACGME-approved program.
- A valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for international medical graduates only. Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Entire residency file if a current or past resident.
Application deadline is November 30, 2018
Interviews are scheduled by invitation only between October and January. Generally, interviews begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 2 p.m.