Rush Copley Family Residency
Our mission is to train family medicine physicians who will distinguish themselves by providing excellent care in the practice setting of their choice. The Rush Copley Family Medicine Residency provides the highest quality primary, subspecialty and preventive healthcare in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The residency achieves these goals by:
- Serving as a patient advocate for patient safety, quality, cost effective healthcare for undifferentiated patients of all ages.
- Promoting patient education to ensure patient understanding and participation in medical care.
- Maintaining the highest standards of clinical practice and patient satisfaction.
- Stressing the importance of continuing education to medical students, residents, faculty and medical staff members.
- Increasing awareness of the changing health care environment and the impact of these changes on the practice of medicine, the hospital and the community.
In addition, the residency provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art educational experience for residency, medical students, faculty, patients and staff. The Family Medicine Center is located in the professional building on the Rush Copley Medical Center campus and is a model ambulatory care facility.
The residency adheres to the goals and objectives of the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Residency Review Committee (RRC).
The residency is committed to developing and maintaining ongoing, innovative clinical research and scholarly activities. New approaches to clinical problems will improve health outcomes for the practice and the system while advancing the reputation of Rush Copley Medical Center for excellence in teaching and research.