Rush-Copley is pleased to offer community organizations with the tools and resources to start a successful walking club.
Walk Your Way to a Healthier You
Walking is one of the easiest ways to improve your overall health. A free, low impact exercise that will get you active, walking does not require any additional equipment and it can be done pretty much anywhere. It has been proven to not only help maintain or lose weight, but it has numerous health benefits:
- reduces the risk of heart attack and other related factors such as high blood pressure
- reduces the risk of some cancers
- improves balance and coordination
- helps maintain strong bones and lean muscle tissue
- reduces the risks and aids in the management of Type 2 diabetes
- lowers "bad" cholesterol and raises "good" cholesterol
Walking can also help reduce stress and the symptoms of depression and anxiety and improve your overall mood.