Achieving a Healthy Weight
Most healthcare experts agree that achieving a healthy weight is one of the best ways to contribute to overall good health. Achieving that weight is where it can be confusing and challenging. This section offers a selection of helpful tools including calculators, online apps, trackers and informational resources to help anyone interested in doing more towards achieving their own healthy weight.
- Choose My Plate - MyPlate was developed to promote healthy eating. Interactive tools includes personal calculation and tracking tools, games and worksheets, and sample menu plans.
- 5-4-3-2-1-Almost None! - recommendations for children and families to promote a healthy lifestyle: 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day, 4 servings of water a day, 3 structured meals a day - eat breakfast, enjoy more meals prepared at home and less fast food, 2 or less hours of screen time a day, 1 or more hours of physical activity a day, almost none - limit sugar-sweetened drinks to almost none.
- WebMD - blends award-winning expertise in medicine, journalism, health communication and content creation to bring you the best health information possible.
- Physical Activity - learn more about the CDC's strategies to increase physical activity at home, in the workplace and in your community.
- Let's Move - initiated by First Lady Michelle Obama, this initiative is about putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years.
- Eat Right Tips - check out these Eat Right videos from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offering advice ranging from eating right for older adults to suggestions to healthy snacks for kids.
- Healthy eating, healthy lifestyle - read pediatrician Dr. Nicole Keller's blog post for tips on eating healthy and ways to stay fit and active.