Advanced Breast Health Treatment
Treating breast cancerrequires an integrated approach and expertise. Rush-Copley specialists are skilled in procedures that you’d find only at academic medical centers.
Medical Oncology Services
- Private infusion rooms
- Latest cancer-fighting drugs including biologic therapies
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- MammoSite® Radiation Therapy System: High Dose Rate brachytherapy for early stage breast cancers —shortens radiation treatment time by as much as 80%
- Specially trained surgeons are experts in using the most advanced therapeutic* and reconstructive techniques designed to maximize the patient’s quality of life and body image. Organ preserving and minimally invasive procedures may reduce the need for mastectomy or the complete removal of the underarm (axillary) lymph nodes. When possible, therapeutic and reconstructive procedures are performed during the same visit.
*Rush-Copley exceeds national benchmarks for patients who receive breast-conserving treatments.
Someone To Watch Over You: Patient Navigator
Facing a cancer diagnosis alone can be overwhelming. At Rush-Copley, we believe you should never be alone from that point on. In addition to the support of your family, it’s important that you have a clinical advocate, a trusted friend, to guide and comfort you through every step of your diagnosis and treatment. This patient navigator will watch over you during a difficult process, calming your anxieties and easing your confusion. Whether you need additional screenings and tests, or an abnormality has been detected, your navigator will coordinate your care, scheduling appointments and offering sound advice and support.
In addition to facilitating Living with Cancer, a bi-weekly support group, the Center for Breast health team offers a number of programs to aid in your recovery:
- Fatigue management
- Nutritional support
- Lymphedema clinic
- Pain management
- Financial counseling
- Social worker and psychologists
- Look Good…Feel Better®
- Therapeutic memberships at Rush-Copley Healthplex
- Yoga and massage
- Y-Me breast cancer support group