Sports Medicine Services
In addition to outstanding family medicine care, Yorkville Primary Care also offers patients expertise in sports medicine.
Deepak Patel, M.D., board certified in family medicine and primary care sports medicine, provides superior care for athletes at all levels. Throughout his career, Dr. Patel has served as the team physician for high schools, Division-I universities (Eastern Michigan University , University of Toledo , and event coverage for University of Michigan), and semi-professional sports teams. He has authored, mentored and coauthored several publications and textbooks on family medicine and sports medicine topics.
Sports medicine services include:
- Sports injuries care
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis) care
- Sprains and strains treatment
- Osteoarthritis treatment
- Routine fracture care
- Various joint injections: for treatment of tendonitis, osteoarthritis, and overuse injuries (including Synvisc)
Any sports related concerns:
- Exercise induced asthma
- Return to play/activity evaluation
- Sports physicals
- Developing exercise plan/counseling
- Weight loss plans incorporating exercise