Skip to Content
Rush-Copley Medical Group
Home > Health & Fitness > Healthwise > Shock
Shock means that your body and its functions are shutting down. The body goes into shock when it can't get enough blood to
the vital organs like your heart or brain. This may be caused by a sudden illness, an injury, or bleeding. Sometimes even a mild injury will lead to
Shock is a life-threatening condition. If a person develops signs of shock, call 911 or other emergency services and
begin home treatment immediately.
Signs of shock include:
Prompt home treatment can save the
March 20, 2012
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine & David Messenger, MD
How this information was developed to help you make better health decisions.
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Retrieving newsletters from the Web service...
Sorry, the newsletter Web service is unavailable at this time.
You have signed up for the selected newsletters.
© Copyright 2014 Rush-Copley Medical Center • 2000 Ogden Avenue; Aurora, IL 60504
Main: 630-978-6200 • Physician Referral & Information: 630-978-6700 or 866-4COPLEY (866-426-7539)