Donor Bill of Rights
We promise to honor your donor rights, including:
- The right to be informed of the organization's mission, the way it intends to use donated resources, and its capacity to use donations effectively for its intended purposes.
- The right to know the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- The right to have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- The right to be assured gifts to the organization will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- The right to receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition of all gifts.
- The right to be assured that information about an organization's donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- The right to expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to you will be professional in nature.
- The right to be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- The right to have the opportunity to delete your name from mailing lists that an organization intends to share.
- The right to feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.