- Surgery - Neurological
- Surgery - Spine
Areas of Interest
Deep brain stimulation, Parkinson's disease, Essential tremors, Dystonia, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Tourette syndrome, Epilepsy, Epilepsy surgery, Temporal lobectomy, Lobar resection, Corpus callosotomy, Hemispherectomy, Vagan nerve stimulation
- Rush-Copley Medical Group
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna EPO Elect Choice/Select
- Aetna HMO Select Choice
- Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna POS Managed Choice
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna QPOS
- Aetna USAccess
- BC/BS PPO
- Beech Street
- Blue Advantage HMO
- Blue Advantage PPO
- Blue Choice POS
- Caterpillar PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Cigna PPO
- Dreyer Health Plan
- First Health/Coventry/Personal Care
- Healthsmart/Interplan Health/Preferred Plan
- HFN PPO
- HMO Illinois
- Humana Choice Care
- Humana Gold Plus Plan
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Humana POS
- Humana PPO
- Kane County IPA
- Medicare Part B
- Multiplan/PHCS PPO
- Preferred Network Access (PNA)
- Public Aid
- Railroad Medicare
- Southland IPA
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- United Healthcare
- University of California
- Medical College of Ohio
- Rush University Medical Center, Department of Neurosurgery
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of California, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Rush University Medical Center, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, Neurobiology of aging and Alzheimer's disease
Special Practices & Procedures
- Minimally invasive cranial procedures for brain tumors and epilepsy
- Deep brain stimulation for the treatment of movement disorders including Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and psychiatric disorders including severe depression, obsessive compulsive disorder and Tourette Syndrome.
Dr. Sepehr Sani specializes in neurosurgery. Neurosurgical care is available to patients in the Fox Valley and Dr. Sani offers academic-level expertise close to home. Issues affecting the brain are often complex, Dr. Sani demystifies the terms and provides patients with a thorough understanding of their condition. He also has a special interest in treating movement disorders including Parkinson’s Disease.
Sani S, Ostrem JL, Shimamoto S, Levesque N, and Starr PA, Single Unit “Pauser” Characteristics of the Globus Pallidus Pars Externa Distinguish Primary Dystonia from Secondary Dystonia and Parkinson’s Disease. Experimental Neurology. Submitted.
Sani S, Shimamoto S, Turner RS, Levesque N, and Starr PA. Microelectrode Recording in the Posterior Hypothalamic Region in Humans. Operative Neurosurgery. Accepted
Sani S, Boco T, Lewis SL, Cochran E, Patel AJ and Byrne RW. Post-operative acute disseminated encephalomyelitis after exposure to Avitene® – a case report. J Neurosurgery. In press.
Sani S, Smith AP, Kanner A, Smith M and Byrne RW. Medically Intractable Temporal Lobe Epilepsy in Patients with Normal MRI: Surgical Outcome in twenty four consecutive patients. Neurosurgery. Submitted.
Sani S, Jobe KW, Smith AE, Kordower J, Bakay RAE. Chronic bilateral deep brain stimulation of the rat lateral hypothalamus leads to significant and sustained weight loss. J Neurosurgery. 107(4):809-13; 2007.
Sani S and Medhkour A. Olfactory groove meningiomas: Psychiatric symptoms foster delayed diagnosis. Resident & Staff Physician. 52(2):13-18; 2006.
Rayport M, Sani S, Ferguson SM. Olfactory Gustatory Responses Evoked by Electrical Simulation of Amygdalar Regin in Man are Qualitatively Modifiable by Interview Content: Case Report and Review Rev Neurobiol. 76:35-42; 2006.
Musacchio M, Kuchay B, Patel N, Sani S, Lopes D. Long-Term Follow-Up of Quality of Life after Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Treatment for Arteriovenous Malformations. Radiosurgery. 6:211-20; 2006.
Sani S, Traul D, Klink A, Niaraki N, Gonzalo-Ruiz A, Wu CK, and Geula C. Distribution, progression and chemical composition of cortical amyloid-beta deposits in aged rhesus monkeys: similarities to the human. Acta Neuropathologica. 105(2):145-56, 2003.