Benefits of Nursing
Our patients and their families are our first priority. At Rush-Copley, you accept responsibility for your patients, coordinating their care and involving families in the healing process. You are given the power to advocate for your patients.
Technological advances keep Rush-Copley nurses ahead:
- Interdisciplinary computerized clinical documentation
- Advanced clinical alerts
- Electronic evidence based practice tools
- Electronic drug database (Multum and Micromedix)
- Computerized patient education handouts (Care Notes)
- Point of care documentation with wireless mobile carts
- E-mail and Internet access at all clinical areas
- 100% reimbursement for specialty certifications
- BSN and MSN salary differential
- Tuition reimbursement benefits
- Increased compensation for specialty certified nurses
- CPR, ACLS, PALS, and many other department specific certifications provided to nurses on-site
- Recognition of advanced degrees on name badges
- Accessibility to the Internet and learning resources on site
- Computer discounts and interest free computer loans
- Partnerships with local colleges and universities including Aurora University, Lewis University, Rush University, Northern Illinois University, Chamberlain College of Nursing and Waubonsee Community College
- Competitive hourly rates with the local market rates
- Nurses drive decisions for practice, performance improvement and citizenship through unit partnership councils and house-wide congresses in our Shared Governance Model.
- Congresses are responsible for functions such as research, education, nursing practice, quality and leadership.
- Nurses and physicians routinely meet to focus on opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Nurses at Rush-Copley work in collaboration with many nursing schools to foster excellent clinical experiences for those in training.
- Nurses are a vital part of the health care team and strive for a common goal of care and healing for each patient.
The nursing community at Rush Copley is committed to a safe and supportive practice environment. We achieve this by having:
- Collaborative and respectful relationships
- Career development through certification, continuing education opportunities, and degree advancement
- Partnerships between staff and leadership for decision making
- High standards of nursing care
- A culture of safety
- Orientation that is customized to the learner
- Adequate staffing and resources
- Nursing practices driven by current evidence based literature/research