Local RUMC Opportunities
Are you an experienced RN looking for an ambulatory opportunity in a growing Ambulatory Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Clinic?
You may be the right candidate for our Ambulatory RN 2 position at our Rush-Copley location in Aurora, IL
- Opportunity to work with Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery team to provide the finest outpatient care for patients.
- Provide clinical care, patient education, data collection and management as required by regulatory agencies
- Monday-Friday, predominately 8-5, no weekends, holidays or rotating
Further Position Responsibilities
- Triage and assess patients’ acute conditions and initiate a treatment plan
- Schedule, perform, and document nurse appointments for procedures, tests, and education
- Call patients regarding follow-up, test results, medical instruction, and patient education
- Provide direct patient care in the clinic
- Provide accurate documentation of all appropriate information in electronic medical record
- Act as a liaison for patient, physician, and other team members.
- Administer medications, injections, and IV therapy as ordered
- Assist in the maintenance and preparation for Joint Commission, IDPH, and other regulatory inspections; identify and participate in QI activities.
- Current IL RN Licensure
- BSN or MSN required
- Acute care experience required;1 year CV surgical experience
- Must hold BLS certification; ACLS strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills required, Epic or EMR experience preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, and be self-motivated
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.